Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I hate blogs- so I started one

Hi,

Let me start this blog off by stating the fact that I hate blogs. I hate most social networking sites, most of the internet tools that tech wizards use to confuse us and sell us things and the internet in general. No, that does not mean that I'm some cantankerous, forest-dwelling, grassroots philosopher who's afraid of technology and walks around with a giant cane and a backpack. As a matter of fact, I'm actually just cantankerous.

It's mostly because I believe the blog world is full of narcissists who instead of using the internet as a platform for creative expression or political opinion have decided to use blogs in order to inform the world that they've eaten toast this morning. It reminds me of the way people used to act when they found out they could take limitless pictures by using a digital camera. Instead of taking better pictures or trying to use technology to perfect their art, they started going to house parties and taking random pictures of cheesies and people's shoes.

I want to use my blog as a forum for creative expression and as an outlet for creative expression that I don't otherwise have in my life. And I've also decided to stop bothering friends and family alone with my rants and raves, but decided to share them with the world so that it can bother them as well.

I've decided to structure my blog as a series of rants and raves. There will always be one topic, but sometimes there are both opinions expressed about the exact same thing. That's not because I'm bipolar, it's because I'm a Libra and I tend to see both sides of every argument and can't make up my own mind. Yes, I am that annoying person you see in the grocery store, furrowed brow, trying desperately to make sense of the different varieties of canned soup. And I never understood their crazy sodium content.

Nevertheless, I digress. And I do that often. If you enjoy that kind of thing, I hope that you enjoy my blog.

So in that narcissistic vein, I did have toast this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment