Tuesday, July 16, 2013

10,000

It's been over 10,000 reads and 3 years, 282 posts for the Mikey Rants and Raves blog. A big thank you to all the readers and followers who have laughed or been appalled by my biting literary style.

Based on the reads, the most popular topics in the past have been:

Hating Yoga
Turning 30
Bachelorette Parties
Angelina Jolie

Quite a few political and social pieces have been written, but there is definitely an appetite out there for lighter fare and one can hardly argue with that. The news baffles me on a regular basis and the whole bit about life being stranger than fiction is unequivocally true.

When I started my blog in 2010, I needed a creative outlet that was short and sweet. The immediate gratification of expressing oneself and then getting it out there to a potential audience around the world is one of the modern world's miracles. There's also a lot of competition in this virtual space and I know my site is never going to be as cute as cats in boxes, so 10,000 reads is a pretty big deal. And I love cats in boxes.

So thank you to everyone who supported me in my artistic endeavours. I will keep up this blog from time to time, and my past projects are listed on my website www.mikaoehling.com. For my current projects, you can Follow me on Twitter, as I work on new books. And my two self-published novels are available for sale in various formats on Amazon and Chapters. Armchair Senators will be back in the fall, for you sports fans.

Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment